On June 23, members of the Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce celebrated the installation of the new Board and Officers for the 2022-2023 fiscal year at a special installation ceremony. The event included the swearing in of our new President Kay G. Ruhstaller, Family Resource and Guidance Center. The event also included an installation ceremony for our new board members and officers and recognition of our outgoing president. Chris KaySiegfried Engineering, Inc./Carter Imports, for her service as Speaker from 2020 to 2022. Ms. Ruhstaller will be the 13th woman in the House to serve as Speaker of the Council since the House was established in 1901.
An experienced business leader, Ms. Ruhstaller is the CEO of the Family Resource & Referral Center (FRRC), a non-profit organization employing over 140 full-time staff with an annual budget of $69 million. In 2019, FRRC was chosen as California Nonprofit of the Year, and in 2020 won the Stockton Chamber of Commerce Co-Nonprofit of the Year award as part of annual chamber business awards.
As long-time members of the Chamber (since 1989), the FRRC has recognized the importance of the work of the Chamber in maintaining the economic vibrancy of our community. “The Chamber has played an important historic role in leading efforts such as the relocation of the University of the Pacific to Stockton and the mitigation of damage that would have been caused during the construction of the CA healthcare facility in Stockton and San Joaquin County,” Ms. Ruhstaller said. “The Chamber has emerged from the pandemic as a trusted information resource for the business community thanks to the hard work of the Chamber team under the leadership of current CEO, Timm Quinn.”
The Board of Directors of the Chamber oversees the activities of the Chamber. They set the objectives and policies of the Chamber. Members of our Board of Directors come from all sectors of our diverse business community; they come together to do their part in the Chamber’s tireless efforts to aggressively develop and promote an economically vibrant business community. Many of the Chamber’s successes can be directly attributed to the efforts of these individuals.
These 2022-2023 Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce Officers and Directors have been sworn in:
- President Kay RuhstallerFamily Resource and Reference Center
- Senior Vice President Justin RedmanM&M Bank
- VP Finance Scott GrafiusSteele Insurance Agency
- Vice President Jamie BossuatKroloff Belcher Smart Perry and Christopherson
- Vice President Elizabeth H. KimNeumiller & Beardslee
The 5 new council members elected by members of the Stockton House and sworn in for a 3 year term were:
- Jesus AndradeSierra Pacific Mortgage
- Shauna Buzunis JacobSan Joaquin Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Lorie Diaz-LiddicoatBusiness Real Estate Partners
- Melissa GomesWeberstown Shopping Center
- Eric VaughnOne Eleven Web Design
The Board of Directors for 2022-2023 is also composed of:
- Gina CalderMichael’s New York Style Pizza, Inc.
- Kendra ClarkKendra Clark Leadership Strategies
- Lisa CraigThe Craig Group
- Daryl CurryKaiser Permanente Central Valley
- Cathy DoumaMinuteman Press of Stockton
- Melissa FloresCollins Electrical Company, Inc.
- Matthew GrizzleInvictus Management
- Tim RubinoGreat Valley Ford Lincoln
- Jason SchwarzHaggerty Construction, Inc.
- Tyler SoltCrown enterprises
- Chad SublettingVerve IT
- Diana VigilStockton Symphony Association
- Reverend Dwight WilliamsNew Genesis Home Development
- 2020-22 President Chris KaySiegfried Engineering, Inc./Carter Imports
- Vice President Dr. Robert MelroseBrookside Optometric Group
We look forward to a successful 2022-2023 fiscal year under the leadership of Kay Ruhstaller, the new Chamber leaders, Board of Directors, CEO Timm Quinn and Chamber staff.