One of the largest specialty and home delivery pharmacies in the country has a new look and a new name, promises the same commitment to patient care.
ORLANDO, Florida., June 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — One of the nation’s largest specialty and home delivery pharmacies is now AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy. Walgreens announced full ownership of the company in January, necessitating the name change.
“AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy is the same specialty and home delivery pharmacy our patients trust and depend on for lifesaving medications,” says Joel WrightRPh, chief executive officer. “We continue to put patients first in everything we do to provide hope and care for a better tomorrow.”
The new name comes with some changes
In addition to the new name, patients and partners may notice a few other changes at AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy:
- A more personalized pharmacy experience: AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy Specialty360 Therapy Teams will offer patients personalized care throughout their care journey. New dedicated therapy directors will work cross-functionally with pharmacy functions to oversee the delivery of patient care. Team members – including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses and dietitians – will be certified in specific diagnostics as well as associated therapies. These diagnoses include conditions related to behavioral health, bone health, chronic inflammatory diseases, endocrine, neurology, nursing and infusion support therapies, oncology, organic/infectious, pulmonary and allergic diseases, and reproductive health.
“As the pharmaceutical industry has evolved, the needs of our patients have become more complex. To better serve them, we have transformed our operating model to create dedicated teams that focus on specific conditions and therapies,” says Tracey JamesRPh, Chief Executive Officer. “We have always prided ourselves on providing comprehensive patient care across all functional teams. We are confident that the changes we have made will not only improve patient outcomes, but will also reduce the cost of care and improve the patient and provider experience.
- Better access to hard-to-find medicines: AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy has had access to over 20 limited distribution (LDD) drugs since September 2021. “It also included new launches or additions to previously excluded products,” says James. “And, we have six more LDDs in the pipeline, which, if we win, will lead to our best year ever.”
James attributes the company’s privileged access to hard-to-find medicines to its commitment to patient care. “First, manufacturers know we have dedicated teams that work closely with patients to ensure they stay on therapy. And second, they want a partner with experience in handling high-pressure medications,” says -she. “They know they have this in AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy. We share the same goal of improving patient outcomes while helping reduce healthcare costs.”
- Help make specialty drugs affordable: Specialty drugs usually require special handling, administration, or monitoring, which is why they cost more than regular drugs. Just five years ago, specialty drugs accounted for approximately 38% of total drug spending.1 Today, specialty drugs account for 50% or more of total prescription spending. In some cases, employers find that specialty costs represent 60% or even more of their total drug expenditures.2
Wright says AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy has reimbursement specialists who help with pre-authorizations and questions about insurance coverage. “They also help identify financial assistance programs available to eligible patients. In fact, we have connected eligible patients to more than $600 million of financial aid between 2019 and 2021″,3 he says. “We have always worked to provide this level of care and support to our patients every day, and it is something we will continue at AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy.”
- Achievements in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I): A greater focus on DE&I has led to the creation of a Corporate DE&I Council as well as new resource groups for team members focusing on how to bring together different groups of people in the organization to celebrate , recognize and recognize each other.
- A new headquarters“Over the past few years, we have focused on reducing our physical footprint as part of our long-term real estate strategy,” says Wright. The company stopped dispensing specialty prescriptions from Orlando and moved its headquarters to the nearby regional office of Walgreens. Wright says this was a natural change, as many team members at the company are successfully working remotely.
Looking to the future of specialty pharmacy
Wright finds specialty pharmacy an exciting space and predicts the industry will focus on improving the patient journey, including how specialty pharmacies digitally interact with patients and providers.
- Breaking down social barriers: The social determinants of health are everyday factors that can prevent patients from continuing their treatment. These can include housing instability, food insecurity, or not being able to make it to their doctor’s appointment. “If we can help identify and overcome these barriers, our patients will be able to stay on treatment and achieve better outcomes,” James said.
- Data-driven care: Wright predicts pharmacists will take a more active role in collecting patient-reported outcomes and using real-world evidence. “Both of these help individualize care, which helps patients feel heard and understood and is essential in the patient journey,” he said.
“As we focus on the future, we have evolved our business significantly over the past few months,” says Wright. “These changes give us a great opportunity to see things with new eyes, take on new challenges, consider new competitors and reposition ourselves in the market. We are excited about the future of specialty pharmacy and AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy’s role in shaping it. .”
About AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy
AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy (AllianceRxWP.com) offers hope and care for a better tomorrow for patients with rare diseases and chronic diseases by delivering medicines from its specialty and home delivery pharmacies. Our advanced analytical capabilities, pharmaceutical expertise, and technology solutions enable suppliers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and health plans to achieve optimal health outcomes. With personalized care and clinical programs, plus access to the most limited-distribution medications, patients can get back to what matters most. Based at Orlando Floridathe company holds multiple national pharmacy accreditations and has team members across United States.
External communication manager
SOURCE AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy